Monday, December 03, 2007

What's in a name?


We had a hard time picking this little girl's name for a very long time. We were debating about whether to choose her name based on her "saint" name of the church or give her a more modern name and then choose a different saint name for her. I had wanted the name Emily for a long time (it is my middle name) and we always try to pick names that are meaningful to our family in some way. So, I was very happy to find this when I was doing some name research. It seems that St. Emila was quite a woman of God and it made my heart jump for joy to choose that name for our daughter. Ruth is the middle name of Brian's grandmother (pictured above) and it seemed to flow nicely with Emily. So that is her name story.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Hi Michelle! I saw Emily's picture on her blog, then realized you had one (blog) as well! Congratulations! She is gorgeous. Love the name! I hope you all are doing well - take care!

Anonymous said...

I love that you named her Emily! How beautiful, I can't wait to see more pictures!