Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's right around the corner!

Only 2 days left until the big day. Brian and I went out yesterday to buy all the kids' gifts. Yes, all. We are not usually procrastinators about this, but it just keeps not working out to get to the store without children in tow. All of us have varying degrees of sickness, Mary and Brian have probably got it the worst. This has made night time our least favorite time of day because of the amount of sleep we are not getting helping sick children or taking care of the baby. Last night Mary slept with Brian on the couch for half the night and then later in the night came in crying that she "spit up" (I almost had laugh in spite of it all). There was indeed throw up in her bed, so for the second night this week I found myself stripping her bed in the wee hours. Around 6 am she wanted me to rock her in the rocking chair. On top of it all, Emily is a very good baby, but doesn't care so much for sleeping on her own. She is quite content to be held all the time, which is why I am typing this with one hand right now. As soon as I lay her down her eyeballs pop open. She has got a bit of a cold herself, sneezing and congestion. So sad in a little baby who can't blow her nose. She barely protests when I do the nose suction on her. Unbelievable.

No comments: