Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fall...where are you?




We are trying to make the most of any proximity of fall we find. Today its in the mid 80's...and it's almost the end of October!!! So weird! It was pretty mild yesterday so we spent a lot of time outdoors which I have been missing terribly. I did much needed yard work, mostly pruning, but also planting bulbs for the first time since we've lived here. Elijah was selling them for a fundraiser at preschool. I hope they come up. Every spring I wish that we would have planted some the previous fall. It will be exciting to see them.

Yesterday afternoon we went to Happy Hollow park and walked around admiring the leaves, we brought some home to do leaf rubbings which was cool. Then we got some groceries and cooked hamburgers on our brand new grill. To finish the night we had a campfire in our yard and had dessert s'mores. A few friends came over after the kiddos went to bed.

Today I am getting baby things ready--washing the car seat and getting a few clothes and blankets washed so that I won't lie awake at night worrying what will happen if I go into labor.

Brian has gotten the sinus infection that I had, so he has been in bed all day! He said for the first time in his life was glad to be sick on the weekend...it's too hard to write sub plans and be gone. Hopefully he'll be feeling up to going to school tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anne said...

The baby is getting closer and closer! How exciting! Let me know if someone is organzing meals for you because I certainly want to bring one!!