Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nesting...or "I just can't stand the filth any longer"

Today started my fall break. The kids were at Bible Study Fellowship for the morning and then Elijah spent the day with Gramma Susan, so I had a pretty open day for organizing! I started with the kids clothes. Their dressers have been busting at the seams, but they never have anything to wear. So, I cleaned out all the summer clothes and the too small clothes and the clothes they refuse to wear. Then I went to Target and Once Upon A Child to try to update their fall/winter wardrobes a bit. They had some cute baby furniture and things that I was actually thinking of buying at Once Upon A Child. I just don't have anywhere to put it.

I also cleaned the fish tank that is now empty of fish because I let them all die with my impeccable care. I am hoping to buy new fish tomorrow or Saturday once the tank gets regulated.

I've been trying to take care of Brian because he keeps getting sicker. Today he went to the doctor finally and got an antibiotic. Yay! He too is on Fall Break, but has a bunch of work to do for Purdue, so we probably won't see him once he is off the couch.

The other cleaning tasks I would like to finish include: taking some things to the attic to make room for baby items in our living space and cleaning out closets. It makes me feel so much calmer having things in order.

No comments: