Monday, October 08, 2007

It must be Monday

I didn't think I was going to make it through the day. Why is that everything always happens at once? Today I was feeling so sick and really didn't want to go to work, but I just had too many things that needed to get done today to stay home. I took my class to see the Lafayette Frie Dept. Fire Safety show this morning at Jefferson High School and Elijah's preschool class was there too. I got to see him across the auditorium, but we didn't sit near each other. That was a weird thing to be at a function with my son, but not with him at all.

On another note. I have never really had contractions before and I am trying to figure out what they feel like (a.k.a Am I having them?). I am not a nervous person by nature, but I just realized the other day that I haven't prepared at all for labor since in my mind I am having a planned c-section. I figure since I gave up all hope of delivering a baby naturally, it would be the time my water breaks unexpectedly. Every doctor visit I have had has been totally uneventful this pregnancy--no questions, no problems... well tomorrow, let me tell you. It is going to be a different story. I feel like I am falling apart at the seams. Dr. Schafer is going to be getting an earful of symptoms.

I have 5 more weeks of work which sounds like no time and tons of time all at the same time!

No comments: