Saturday, October 06, 2007

Productive Saturday

I have to admit that I have not been feeling the greatest. I am starting to get nervous about finishing 7 more weeks of carrying this baby. Last night my mom took the kids overnight so we could have a night out (presumably to celebrate my 29th b-day which is Sunday). Guess what our plans entailed? Ordering Applebee's carryout and laying on our couches watching Freaks and Geeks. In case you are not familiar with that show, it was a one season tv show that aired in 1999 about high school kids. It has sort of a cult following and just came out on dvd. We were introduced to it by a teacher friend of Brian's who loaned us his box set. I lasted through about 2 episodes and then loaded up on icy hot patches for my back and legs and fell asleep.

So, I actually got good sleep last night and got up this morning ready to get some things done. Brian and I had a leisurely trip to the grocery store this morning. The laundry is almost caught up, the house is relatively clean, and I actually got to read a few chapters in my latest book and play with the kids--inside b/c it's about 90 degrees out there. I am not going outside. Thank goodness for central air.

I am enjoying the smells coming from the kitchen--Brian is making lasagna for me for my birthday dinner--fresh mozzarella and italian sausage included.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Don't you just love the feeling of productivity?!