Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do I have wrong expectations?


I feel like life just continues to get hard. I thought we were pulling it together. Brian is finally over his sickness, we have battled round 2 of Head lice (my turn this time), and I have been sleeping almost through the night for 5 nights in a row. We totally rearranged the schedule for tomorrow because of Halloween (which we don't celebrate, so no preschool for Elijah) and got everyone taken care of. Then...after dinner (which she didn't even eat) Mary projectile vomits all over the dining room floor. Elijah's comment was, "I can't believe so much throw up could come out of a little girl."

So, tomorrow is screwed. She can't go to daycare. It is going to be very hard for me to stay home. Our school does huge Halloween everything. I just can't stand the thought of a substitute putting on 22 costumes of kids she doesn't know, how wound up my students will be, the wonderful room mothers who prepared snacks to bring in, but will need direction, and then there is the parade around the school into each classroom. Oh, and did I mention I am getting a new student starting tomorrow? WHY???????!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

your daughter is Beautiful.

Sara said...

Hope Mary is feeling better!! That is a cute picture of her.

Laura Lee said...

wow. did you survive? it's friday, are you here with us? hope God had mercy and that you made it. i love ya and let me know if there is ANYTHING i can do for you. foot rub, babysit, dinner (to my abilities), ordering food, you name it!