Monday, June 07, 2010

Alright, enough about throwing up. Today was the final last day of school. I finished two weeks ago (??!!), Brian ended last Thursday and today Elijah finally finished his first grade year. It went out with a bang! NCS field day is a really big deal and a lot of fun--7 hours at Happy Hollow Park with tons of cool stations like tricycle obstacle course, three legged race, scooter races, water in a bucket race, splatter painting, make your own bandana, kick ball, and an all school water balloon fight. Mary and I went to help and to log our first 8 hours of volunteer time for next year! (We have to get 40 hours by the end of each year.)

We have made lots of decisions lately and guess where we ended up? Right back where we started. When all is said and done we are not changing schools after all and we aren't moving just yet. I am quite sure you are done hearing about our up and down: we're moving, we're staying; but believe me as much as I've blogged about it, we've talked about it and thought about it at least ten times more.

I actually emailed Elijah's school a few weeks ago to tell them that we wouldn't be returning next year and they emailed me back and offered me a teaching job for next year! Unfortunately the pay is much lower than what I make now and we couldn't afford for me to teach there, but it did end up talking us out of leaving. For those of you who don't know, the big deal about leaving New Community School is that there are only so many available spots in the school and if we leave, we will lose ours.

So, summer is officially here for us. How will we celebrate? By going back to work of course. : )


Tomorrow and Wednesday I have meetings to attend. Elijah is starting Straight Arrow YMCA Day Camp. Maybe next week we can slow down and do nothing. We did cancel our 2 week camping trip for this summer which was supposed to start the next week. Brian and I both just want to hang out at home and go to the pool, sleep in, and do less instead of more. I don't want to complain or anything, but I just have this feeling that summer is going to be over in the blink of an eye.

I got the kids' rooms changed and while it hasn't been seamless, it does seem like it's going to be a very good thing. I also have been purging lots of stuff to the Goodwill bag and that feels good too.

No comments: