Thursday, June 24, 2010

A day in our life

The past 24 hours have been just what I like...productive and fun! Brian finished the second set of steps off the back porch. The plan is to fence the back yard for the kids and dog, but we didn't want the existing steps to be fenced in, so the obvious solution is...make another set of stairs.

As I mentioned above we are fencing the yard. Well, that would be easy. Get a fence. Put it up. Nope, not around here. Brian took an old door that we weren't using and is somehow creating that to be a door entrance to the back yard. I am not a visual-spacial person, so I'll have to see it before I catch the vision. He wanted it to be red. So that's one of today's tasks.
Today we also prepared a meal for the Habitat for Humanity volunteers. This is a very large bowl of what became dirt pudding. Brian and the kids also put together Hawaiian bread sandwiches, salad, and fruit salad. Lunch for 30 people.

Oh, and I can't forget about this. Because the berries sat out on the kitchen counter all day there were definitely not enough to make a pie. So after dinner we decided to grab some Frozen Custard and I whipped up a little sauce--sugar, brandy, a splash of orange juice and the smashed berry pulp cooked for just a couple minutes.

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Cute picture of the men painting.