Tuesday, June 29, 2010

birthday fun

Buccaneer Bay was totally fun! The water slides all ended in shallow water so even our littlest ones could ride them.

Mary's cake this year was a last minute decision, but I think it was just perfect for her. She has been a shoe girl since she was about 2 years old. The flip flops were made from a 13x9 pan, cut out to look like shoes. Frosted, added candies for decoration, cut pieces of fruit roll up for the thong part, and cut sunflowers from our yard for the finishing touch.
It has been shearing season at our house this week. Both Elijah and Mary got major hair cuts. I took her yesterday and she got about 3 inches off.
And just because there are never any pictures of the mother. Here I am. Pool hair and all.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I think the mother looks positively gorgeous! Pool hair and all.
We had such great fun!

Sara said...

Agreed...you look fantastic! (and I really love the box of wine behind you in the last picture.) Awesome! ha ha :)

LauraSuz said...

That is so cute!! I'm going to steal the shoe idea when MG is older!