Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Now that's more like it

Today was the quintessential summer day. It started with coffee on the back porch. We walked the dog to the park and the kids played for a while. When we got home we had a snack and the girls lay down for an early nap. I mowed the grass while Brian and Elijah sat on the back porch playing cards. Then we rode our bikes to swim at Tropicanoe Cove where we saw two of Elijah's classmates and two of my co-workers. We came home after a couple hours and had some quiet time. I made dinner and Everette, my brother in law, came over to eat with us. Then I loaded up on my bike and rode to my friends' house for a small get together. Riding my bike home at 10:30 was so liberating. I never do things like that anymore. I feel like such a boring mom most of the time. It felt good to be straining my muscles and watching the stars as I rode up Ferry Street by street lamp. Unfortunately I am still keyed up at 12:39 am and since we turned our air conditioning off today, I think it is too hot in here to sleep. I just turned it back on because I am getting soft about such things. 82 degrees doesn't seem like ideal sleeping weather.

No comments: