Saturday, November 17, 2007

New shoes

Today ended up being a fun shopping day! I had several errands to run and it was one of those fun mornings when Elijah was happily watching cartoons, Brian was sleeping and I actually got up and showered before 8:00 am--oh, and made a fresh pot of decaf with new pumpkin spice creamer...mmm. Mary and I started out at Target to return a couple of cute baby outfits for bigger sizes (who are these friends that think a Greene baby will fit in newborn clothes? Ha ha!) and ended up also finding Mary a cute pair of Dora tennies that were half off.

We then proceeded to Michael's to get candles for our Advent wreath. This Sunday will be the first day to light a candle and I don't want to miss it. Elijah loved it last year and I think Mary will be able to get it this year too. We have a little service book that has a song and Bible verses to read for each week of lighting the candle.

After that we were off to PetSmart to buy a new hood for our very dark fish tank. Finally we can see the fish again and it makes me happy. When we got home Elijah was miffed that he didn't get new shoes (which he did actually need) so I told him I'd take him after lunch. He and I went to Shoe Carnival where we got to spin the big wheel of savings AND got a frisbee--definitely worth my 70.00 purchase! He got tie shoes so he can start learning how to tie his shoes and since their shoes are bogo half off, I got a new pair of "N" shoes-- as they are called around here (New Balance).

So now I am off to wash baby clothes in sweet smelling Dreft and get things down from the attic. My poor mom is sick as I can remember, so Brian made her some homemade chicken noodle soup and took her some DVDs.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I love the smell of baby laundry detergent! ;)