Thursday, November 22, 2007

We've got so much to be thankful for!



Well, I made it through my last day. A few students brought me gifts for the baby and I had many well-wishing parents throughout the day. I left at lunch time to go see Elijah's program which was soooo good. They really went all out, with many songs, fingerplays and a small narration with kids holding up pictures of historical events. We watched the video today at Thanksgiving and Elijah recited along with it. The kids made fruit salad, corn bread and "churned" butter (you put cream in a jar and shake it until your arm is about to fall off). It was really nice to have so much of our family there to watch.

It was also really great to have our combined families for Thanksgiving at Brian's grandma's house. My grandparents and parents came and spent the day. We ate a fabulous dinner and made gingerbread houses while Brian and Elijah watched The Empire Strikes Back. Last night they watched Star Wars. Tomorrow we are going to put up our Christmas tree and decorations and Saturday get the house in order for the baby.

No comments: