Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Big Changes!



I guess life is really a series of changes, isn't it? Here are a couple of the biggest ones in our life right now. Elijah lost his first tooth!! It became loose over a week ago and he was really excited at first, but then for some reason, didn't want it to fall out. So he stopped wiggling it. A couple days ago I suggested he use a tissue and just give it a tug. I think it was so loose that he didn't even have to pull it. When he pushed it one direction it just came loose. He had this surprised grin on his face and was so proud--he didn't even care that there was blood dripping out of his mouth.

Also,

Tonight is the first night Mary is sleeping in underwear. She has been wearing underwear during the day for over a year, but still wearing Pull Ups at night. She is almost always wet in the morning, but the fact is, I think she knows that she can pee in it, so she does. If we ever get her ready for bed early and she is wearing a Pull Up for a while in the evening she often will pee in it, but never does that in her underwear. So, I imagine I will be stripping sheets in the middle of the night for a while, but I think it's time we made the switch.

And,

I ordered my first set of cloth diapers yesterday. They should be here by the end of the week.

4 comments:

M.E.S. said...

Michelle, I hope you don't mind me posting here! I saw your blog through my friend Anne Neulieb and though, "Do I know this girl?" My sister went to CC with your husband! It's been years, but I wonder if he remembers her? Lisa Hack...she's a Poor Clare nun now...Sister Maria Chiara. I used to nanny for a family, Philip and Georgia Mamalakis, who used to go to St. Alexis. They moved in 2000 to Montana and now live in Boston. I browsed through your last few posts and it seems like we have a LOT in common! The whole crunchy thing...yeah, it seems like I'm getting crunchier every day, too! My blog, if you want to view it, is thelittlethings-mes.blogspot.com.
~ Mary Sheiko

mamato3 said...

I am so proud of you, cloth diapers. I have often thought about switchng to cloth diapers, but with twins I just can't bring myself to do it. So, potty training it will be when we get back from Grandma's house.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Good for you for going with cloth. I wanted to, but in the end it was really just laziness that kept me from it. It wasn't even the laziness of the work of cloth diapers--I think I could handle that pretty easily--it was the actual buying them and trying them and possibly going for different ones, etc. Maybe with the next one. It's such a good investment. You'll have to make a post all about them when they come!

melissa said...

Good for you with the cloth diapers - I often feel guilty that I don't use them, but when I'm shaking out diarrhea from underwear, I'm thankful for disposable.