Thursday, June 26, 2008

So far so good

The sleeping situation has improved greatly so far. Mary likes having her big brother in the room to keep her safe at night. Emily slept, well, like a baby, in her own room. She went down so easily last night and has napped beautifully all day today.

We spent the day with my dear friend Emily and her two boys today. Elijah had a blast!! She is a friend from long ago (well, I guess that's relative; we were friends from our college church). They moved to Florida a few years ago and now are back in Fishers. We don't see each other that often, but its always fun to visit with her. I so enjoy having lifelong friends. Her oldest son is 7 and he and Elijah are like peas in a pod. They always play together well. Today they spent a lot of the day in the slip and slide and playing Mario Kart on the N64. Oh yes, we have entered the wonderful world of video games. Even though they are old school.

Tonight Brian and I are going on our first kid-free date in a lo-o--o---ong time. Too long. We were planning on riding the motorcycle, but now it is raining so we might have to go with plan B. Well, first we have to come up with plan B I guess. At least we'll be out of the house!!!

1 comment:

melissa said...

I hope you had a good date! Is that Emily Bopp? She's in Fishers? I think I knew that. Maybe. :)