Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Even Emily has her limits

Emily, our "go with the flow" third child has finally met her limit of fun. It is our own fault, to be sure. I have neglected her bedtimes, for the sake of taking the other kids to do things and allowed her to sleep in her carseat or the stroller and not gotten her on a schedule. Ugh. What is wrong with me? I never did that with the other two. I was strict, even rigid, about their napping schedule. Now it is coming back to bite me. Last night was the last straw. She didn't get good naps yesterday and cried every time I layed her down. Last night she cried from 7:00-10:30 P.M. and then woke up again at 3:00a.m.. Also, Elijah was up once and Mary twice. At 3:30 I finally just got into bed with Mary and stayed there. So, today. We stay home during Emily's nap times even if they don't coordinate with the other kids. And we are going to temporarily going to move Mary into Elijah's room. Emily has got to have a quiet room for a while. Currently she wakes up every time someone goes in there. I'm sure it will present new problems with the other kids sharing a room, but we have to try something. I cannot keep waking up every 3 hours all night long.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It will be good training for the kids when we are on vacation and they are sleeping together (I assume they are). Good luck!!! Poor Emily.