Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lots to report

First and most exciting is that we got a baby trailer to pull behind my bike. Both girls can fit in it. Today I rode over to my friend's house and we went on our weekly walking date and then I rode home. I think I am going to try to ride as much as possible for transportation. I love it! There is a little pocket in the back to stow things and it's really not heavy to pull. However, something scary happened on our way home: we saw a teenage boy riding a bike get hit by a van! It wasn't serious, the boy was walking around and kept insisting that he was fine. I heard the brakes screech and I looked ahead of me and saw the boy fall on the ground. It definitely made me (who am already a little wary having the girls with me) even more cautious about looking for cars.

Second, I am having a yard sale tomorrow. I am not really prepared to do this, but I really want to get rid of some stuff. So nothing like an impromptu sale to clean house!

Third, I just heard the STH on The Ark. They played with Ron Moore, a semi-famous musician who helps run The Ark, a few weeks ago in Bloomington. He took one of their short cd's and said he would play it. It was awesome to hear them on radio!!!!

Last, we are going to the Warren County 4-H fair tonight. Brian was asked to be a judge for rhubarb pie (which he doesn't even particularly like), but apparently it's the kind of judging that everyone stands around and watches, and my guess is that they were looking for someone with a big personality to do this task. The kids are so excited! They love going to the fair.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Brian... big personality.... noooooooooo
:)